MIXED BERRY OAT GALETTE
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium earusk powder
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature) (or coconut oil)
- 1 organic egg (or ¼ cup water + 3 tbsp chia seeds)
- 1 tbsp organic honey (or coconut syrup/sugar)
- a pinch of sea salt
- optional: 1 organic egg for brushing, which protects the surface from drying and helps to bind the texture.
- 2 cups fresh berries of your choice, for example a mixture of strawberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries
- 1 – 3 tbsp organic honey (or coconut syrup)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour or potato starch
1 egg for brushing (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F degrees. Put the rolled oats, almond flour and psyllium powder into a bowl. Add butter and work the dough with fingers to make the mixture crumbly. Add egg (or chia gel which you’ll get after mixing water and chia seeds and let them sit for 5 minutes) and honey (or coconut syrup) and salt. Work the dough again with your hands to mix everything. Place the dough into a small bowl and put into a fridge for about 30 minutes. In the meantime prepare the filling.
Slice the berries and combine all the ingredients of the filling in a small bowl.
Take the dough out of the fridge and put it in between two baking sheets. Roll it into a circle and make it about half an inch thick. Pour the mixture in the center of the dough circle, leaving the sides empty. Fold the sides up. If the dough cracks in some places, fix them by pressing the dough gently with your fingers. Beat one egg in a bowl and brush the sides of the galette with the egg. Bake the galette in the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes until it get’s a nice golden tone. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Serve and enjoy!