- 125 g organic butter
- 1,5 dl coconut palm syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter / almond butter
- About 1- 2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cardamom, 1,5 teaspoon bitter orange peel + 2 teaspoon ginger powder + 0.5 teaspoon clove OR about 3 teaspoons ginger bread spice mixture
- 1,5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 organic egg
- 4 – 5 dl almond flour (the exact amount depends on how fatty the flour is. if the almond flour is full fat, you need it a little bit more because it does´t absorb liquid that much)
- 2 dl potato strach
Pour butter, syrup and nut butter into a pan and heat the mixture until it melts. Stir. Remove the pan from the heat, add the spices and let cool. Stir in soda and egg. Mix well. Add the flours and mix to a smooth and thick dough that you can mold. Add more flour if the dough is loose and sticky. Let the dough stand in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day bake gingerbreads. Preheat the oven to 200 celcius degrees. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper. Place 1 portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface. Keep the rest of the dough in the refrigerator in the meantime. Sprinkle flour over dough your rolling. Roll dough to a scant ¼-inch thick. Cut out cookies with desired cutter. Bake in the oven for about 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the cookies) until the gingerbreads will receive a beautiful brown color. The lower time will give you softer cookies!
Take out from the oven, let cool, serve and enjoy!