- 1 tbsp of chia-seed + ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup almond flour (you can substitute part of this with the almond pulp left over from making the almond yogurt)
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup potato flour
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup of linen seeds
- 1 ½ tsp psyllium fiber husk
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of water (or some dairy-free milk)
- ¼ cup melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 tsp local honey
- ½ tsp of apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit/200 Celsius degrees. Mix chia seeds and oat milk in a small bowl and let it sit for about 15 minutes until you get a gel-like mixture. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add water, melted butter/oil, chia gel, honey, apple vinegar and salt. Allow the dough to swell for a couple of minutes. The dough should be soft, plump, like a yeast dough – not dry. If necessary, add some flour or liquid.
Take pieces of dough and roll them into balls and put them on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet. Sprinkle some poppy seeds on top. Bake the buns for about 30 minutes in center of the oven until they are nice and golden. Take out of the oven, let them cool a bit, serve and enjoy!